Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Cards of Christmases Past

Every year at Christmas I get out a few of the picture we've taken as a couple from Christmases past.
In Denver.
I find Christmas frames at thrift stores and add to my collection.
Mohonk Mountain Lodge, upstate New York.
In North Carolina, a few years ago.
In Barrington IL.
Skiing in Michigan.
A Texas Christmas.
 Before there were dogs, there was a black cat named Sadie, (on my lap).She lived to be 25!
Chicago
Christmas in Florida.
From Christmases past!
These are just a few. I find and add a few more every year. We try not to think about the hair....who's loosing it, or the weight....who's gaining it.  LOL!
"All I Want For Christmas Is You"
Cheers! 

10 comments:

  1. You have a great collection of pics and frames...thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Past Christmas cards are always wonderful- such great memories! I hope you have a lovely Christmas. blessings..Trish
    btw. I LOVE your header! Blue and white plates on a wall always make me happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I wish I had thought of that a few years ago!




    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to find Christmas frames in thrift stores! I was also so happy to read Sadie lived until age 25. That was AWESOME news! My Honey Cat is 15. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pictures hold great memories....and wow..that cat lived to 25!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure of all your CHRISTmas's past
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, I love the idea of old photos in frames. I save Christmas photos from years gone by to put out each Christmas, as well, but your collection is much more cohesive than mine. Great simple pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your idea for re-cycling Christmas frames and using photos from Christmases is simply brilliant. Op-shops 'here I come'. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful way to walk down memory lane every year. I love the way you have kept them and the way they each reflect you at the time.

    I wish I had done something like this. It's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful idea! We should do that, but we don't want to be reminded how we are aging and how much weight we have gained over the years! You can tell you and Larry are still so much in love with each other.

    My husband wants to know where this Christmas music is coming from! I noticed the grocery store has started playing Christmas music. The other day I heard "Let it snow, let it snow!" I say that is a marketing trick to make you buy more food in case you are snowed in!

    ReplyDelete