Monday, January 14, 2013

More Moving In

Here are more of our 'helping with a move
projects in Kim's new townhouse in Texas.
I thought it would be a good idea to repurpose
this dresser from a previous bedroom 
and use it as a buffet/sofa table. It's
a great space for napkins and placemats. 
I brought a bamboo table runner and topped 
it with a tiered stand that holds two of 
her Grandmother's rose teacups.
I also brought these two iron and wood etageres.
 Here they are in my hallway decorated for Christmas.
Larry was able to take them apart and we 
crammed them into our van along with other
loot (lamps, table linens, tools, etc).
Now, that left this big 'ol blank space
in my house. What to do?
 While Larry was still taking the etageres
 apart I couldn't resist sketching possibilities
 for a 'new' project. Luckily Larry builds 
better than I sketch. 
Something to plan for January.
Here's the eating area before.
After. I think the etageres work
perfectly with her dining set.
We were able to reuse Kim's valances
from the previous house. 
 It took me while to figure out how to attach
the rod at the corner.
We also found a good spot for the plate rack.
The view into the kitchen before.
after.
 Ready for a cake.
Black granite counters and stainless sink
in the kitchen. I added a valance on a tension
rod between the cabinets.

 The valance is black with stainless buttons. 
Matched perfectly. 
A lucky find for $1 in a thrift shop.
I brought a salvaged cabinet door to use as
a chalkboard. The stainless curved handle
is a good place for a piece of chalk.
You can leave a quick note here!

Cheers!
see part 1 of Moving In HERE.
see bedroom before and after HERE.
Links: Coastal Charm,

10 comments:

  1. Your daughter is lucky to have such a talented mom!! Everything is beautiful! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when we do something to help our daughter's home decor?! You did a great job, everything looks great and I do love the two etageres..now they look perfect at your daughter's kitchen. I also love the repurposed buffet, sofa table and all the storage for her. Thanks for sharing.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a great way to clean out some things you no longer want and help fill some empty spaces for someone else. So nice of you and your hubby to help with your daughter's move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The etageres look perfect with her table and so perfect in the dining area. You guys did an amazing job. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining TTT Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, everything looks great. So many ideas for us to take away. Thanks for sharing! Kim has a beautiful home, thanks in part to her Mom and her handy Dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it fun to help our daughters when they move??? We did the same thing; gave them furniture etc. and helped decorate. The townhouse is lovely, the kitchen is fabulous! You gave me a great idea with that chalkboard. We have a "sample" cabinet door that will be perfect!!! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks Great! I remember my mom helping me with my college dorm and first rent house and apartment. You two will treasure these memories always. I miss my mom so.

    Many Blessings,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim is 1 blessed daughter! Does it not just thrill your heart to thrift a perfect solution?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her home looks lovely - Isn't it fun sharing your ideas with your daughter - my daughter is open to anything, so I have lots of fun decorating when I visit her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for a good kitchen chalkborad idea and I found it here! Thanks so much! I absolutely LOVE the idea of reusing an old cabinet door. I want to post my weekly supper menus for my family to see - hopefully this will help me to plan suppers weekly instead of wondering what to make when I get home from work(LOL).

    ReplyDelete